Friday, May 5, 2023

Prologue

May 5, 2023

I can’t believe it is finally here!  I am in Southern California and about to embark on a grand adventure…..Riding my bike cross country with Crossroads Cycling Adventures from LA to Boston over 43 days of riding  and 6 rest days.  But the story of this journey started in 2019, when I first registered for this ride.  Of course the world shut down because of Covid in 2020 and the ride was cancelled after I had already logged about 1,500 training miles.  The 2021 ride was also cancelled because of Covid.  As for 2022, surgery in January for a torn meniscus kept me out of the ride.  And now in 2023, the day that I have been nervously anticipating has arrived.  We depart from Manhattan Beach on Sunday!

Thanks to my family (especially my wife, Erika) for putting up with all my training rides and excessive bike talk!  And to my work family at Cawley Partners, thanks for your interest and encouragement (and for allowing a 2 month sabatical)!

I have savored the journey to get to this point and now it is time to achieve the goal!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 48 - Burlington, MA to Boston’s Revere Beach, MA - 17 miles - 200 feet of climbing - 1:30 hours in the saddle Final Tour Stats - 3,462 m...